Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kung Fu and a sandwich

As Kung Fu Panda plays in the background for the 28th time in the past three days I wonder about how lonely I will become when all the noise is gone.

One is on the gameboy, and the other four are serving up sandwiches at their make-believe resteraunt. Never a dull, or shall I say quiet, moment in our home. I think some days I might very well lose what is left to my spinning mind. Then I sit back, take a moment and watch. I watch them play, I watch them create, I watch them study. I even watch them fight. I watch them be their own people. It still amazes me that they have their own minds, and make their own decisions, they are REAL. Some day they will grow up and leave me. And I will be alone. And you know what, I just might put on Kung Fu Panda and make myself a make-believe sandwich.

1 comment:

Deena6a said...

That got me emotional Serena girl! I want to watch Kung Fu Panda and eat a makebelieve sandwich too!